Red Velvet Cake Mix Brownies2020-05-17
- Servings: 24
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 33m
“A basic rule of baking is that, in general, it‘s almost impossible to make an inedible batch of brownies.” -Linda Sunshine
I love Red Velvet everything! Since the Red Velvet cookies I baked recently were such a success, I decided to try another variation of a Red Velvet cake … who knows what will be next! Adapted from a recipe on SouthernBite.com, these brownies are moist and gooey. This evening we are going to serve them to friends after re-warming them and topped off with a scoop of ice cream.
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix (Duncan Hines)
- 1 3.4 oz box vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water, plus 2 T
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz white chocolate chips
- 6 oz Cookies & Cream chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add the first seven ingredients into a large bowl and mix well until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spay a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with non stick spray.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the baking dish and smooth it out level so that it cooks even.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 33 minutes (or 30 mins if using a metal baking pan).
- Leave in the dish until slightly cooled and cut with a plastic knife which shouldn’t tear up the gooey brownie.